Onondaga Junior/ Senior High School
4479 South Onondaga Road
Nedrow, NY 13120
(315) 552 - 5020
June 21, 2021
Dear Parent/Guardian of a Perspective Senior:
In an effort to help the Yearbook staff, we are sending all Parents/Guardians of a perspective Senior, a guideline letter hoping to answer all questions you may have regarding senior portraits, baby pictures and ads for grads. Please pay attention to the dress requirements for both boys and girls.
- Any student having photos taken by a professional photographer, must submit one standard 2 ½” by 3” color wallet photo OR an electronic file of the photo, by October 18, 2021. The photo can be sent to email@example.com. The requirements for the formal yearbook photo are listed below.
- Photos must be standard portrait:
- Headshot only
- No hands, hats or sunglasses
- Solid colored traditional background only (typically this is a bluish gray color) – NO BLACK OR WHITE BACKGROUNDS
- No nature scenes
- Girls – solid colored top (no distracting patterns) and conservative jewelry
- Boys – shirt and tie
Informal Senior Photo - In addition to the formal senior picture, we are asking students to also submit a less formal, individualized, senior picture that we will showcase along with their baby picture. This gives the students who have several senior pictures taken the chance to include an additional picture in the yearbook. Emailing me the photo is the preferred method, however the actual photo can be sent to school to my attention.
- Please submit one baby photo of your child by October 18, 2021. Emailing me the photo is the preferred method. If you submit the actual photo, please write your name on the back of it, otherwise it may not be returned.
Again, senior pictures and baby pictures will be due by October 18, 2021. Photos not meeting the size or the due date are not guaranteed to be included in the publication. The Yearbook has the right to refuse any picture not meeting the criteria specified.
Ad for Grad:
We are so proud of the beautiful young woman you have become. Always remember that you can do anything you set your mind to, the future is yours. Always remember to enjoy the journey ahead of you. We know you will have a bright future.
Mom and Dad
|Families are able to purchase an “Ad for Grad” to be placed in the yearbook. These ads are full color and can include a message and photo or photos depending on the size of the ad purchased.
Cost of Ads:
Checks are payable to The 2022 Onondagan
Due: February 4, 2022
If you have any questions regarding senior portraits, baby pictures or ads please contact Mr. James at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting The 2022 Onondagan!
Steve James, Yearbook Advisor