Rockwell Health OfficeOur Health Services Staff provides a wide range of health support to our district's children, including:
- Distance visual acuity for all new entrants and for children in grades Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3 5, 7, and 10, or at any other time deemed essential.
- Near visual acuity for all new entrants within six months of entrance.
- Color perception for all new entrants within six months of entrance.
- Hearing acuity for all new entrants and for those in grades kindergarten, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, and at any other time deemed essential.
- Scoliosis (curvature of the spine) for students in grades 5-9 annually.
- First aid and illness care during the school day
- Development of Emergency and Individualized Healthcare Plans as needed for students with significant health issues.
- Comprehensive Health Education curriculum delivered according to The Guidance Document For Achieving the New York State Standards In Health Education, through participation in building instructional teams.
Forms are available for parent/guardian use (see below). Physical forms must be on file in the Health Office for all entering students as well as students in Pre-K, Kindergarten, Grades 2, 4, 7, and 10. If a student participates in sports, he/she must have an annual physical. Medication guidelines for parents/guardians are also available below. Please print, complete, and return these forms to your student's Health Office.
New York State requires all districts to participate in surveys directed by the state commissioner of health. Student's identity will not be disclosed by the health department. For further information, click here.